Fairy Lamp Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

fenton

2 posters

Go down

fenton Empty fenton

Post by tone Sat Aug 30, 2008 1:32 pm

Are all fenton fairy lamps marked somewhere?

tone

Back to top Go down

fenton Empty Re: fenton

Post by Admin Sat Aug 30, 2008 3:41 pm

Tony,

I am the last person to ask regarding Fenton fairy lamps. However, many folks in the Fairy Lamp Club are avid Fenton collectors and have shared their knowledge with me over many years. In addition, I have a relatively good library of reference materials for both contemporary and Victorian-era fairy lamps. Which I rely on heavily.

Following is an excerpt from Fenton Glass Compendium - 1970-1985 by John Walk:

Logos

The now famous “Fenton” in script, in an oval logo, was first used in 1970, and then only on Carnival glass. Between 1972 and 1973, it was place on Hobnail items and other wares. By 1975, almost all items made by Fenton had the oval, script logo.

In 1980, a small 8 was added to indicate the decade of the 1980s.

A small F in a vertical oval was used in molds that were acquired from McKee or molds purchased from other glass companies. This practice was started in 1983.

The sandblasted logo was used on either blown items or limited edition items where other logos could no be seen. Also, this logo was used on off-hand items and past mold items. The sandblasted logo was used from the l980s to 1994.

The fancy script F logo was first sandblasted on Artisan and Connoisseur items beginning in 1984. It was used on blown items when the regular logo, which was in the mold, failed to transfer to the glass.

In 1990, a small 9 was added to the molds to show the decade of the 1990s.

Other markings include the 75th mark above the Fenton logo, to designate the 75th Anniversary items, and this practice was continued for each anniversary issue thereafter. In the pattern headings found throughout this book, the name of the pattern will appear along with the capitalized ware letter abbreviation for that pattern name.

In addition, the Fairy Lamp Club website has an excellent table of Fenton Fairy Lamps, 1953-2002 (Fenton actually refers to them as Fairy Lights) developed by one of our Club members at:

And, unless you are in "information overload" The Fairy Lamp Club published an excellent article in the August 2003 Newsletters titled: Fenton Fairy Light Molds. When I have a few minutes to spare, I will put it on-line for your review.

Jim.
Admin
Admin
Admin

http://www.fairylampclub.com

Back to top Go down

fenton Empty Re: fenton

Post by Admin Sat Aug 30, 2008 4:02 pm

Tony,

I have put the newsletter article Fenton Fairy Light Molds on-line for your review. I think you will find the article very informative.

The article is at: http://www.fairy-lamp.com/Fairylamp/Fenton_Fairy_Light_Molds.pdf

Enjoy,
Jim.
Admin
Admin
Admin

http://www.fairylampclub.com

Back to top Go down

fenton Empty fenton logos

Post by tone Sat Aug 30, 2008 4:45 pm

Thanks much to all.

tone

Back to top Go down