Fairy Lamp Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CRICKLITE Mark GRECIAN WATER CARRIER

2 posters

Go down

CRICKLITE Mark GRECIAN WATER CARRIER Empty CRICKLITE Mark GRECIAN WATER CARRIER

Post by cadking Fri Sep 12, 2008 12:26 am

The description says that there are no issues with the piece. I think there is one small problem. Either they marked the base and never made it into a Cricklite lamp, or the top of her head has been repaired. The other interesting thing is that the base has the second ring around the bottom that is not on some of the other examples (This has been a topic before).
The link is :

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Good luck with your bidding.

cadking

Back to top Go down

CRICKLITE Mark GRECIAN WATER CARRIER Empty CRICKLITE Mark GRECIAN WATER CARRIER

Post by GDUD Fri Sep 12, 2008 12:02 pm

To my knowledge Royal Worceter never made this model without a "pot" on her head. I believe that this lady has had an unfortuneate accident and the extra weight of the candelabra has sheared the "pot" off her head and then someone has made a repair. Infact if you look very carefull in the 3rd picture of just her raised arm/hand you will see a small amount of gold paint on her middle finger and it alos looks like they have some damage. This is usually where the hand would touch the urn on her head. Sometimes in the firing the hand will stay very close or touch the urn and at other times will fall away slightly.

GDUD

http://www.fairylamps.co.uk

Back to top Go down