Fairy Lamp Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Schafer & Vater fairy lamp

3 posters

Go down

Schafer & Vater fairy lamp Empty Schafer & Vater fairy lamp

Post by cadking Sun Feb 01, 2009 9:22 pm

On ebay item number:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

The seller says that they believe it was made by Schafer & Vater since it looks like some of their wares. I wrote and asked what makes them believe this was the manufacture. The reply reads " I believe it is consistent with the quality and types of novelty ware which S & V were known to produce. I don't belive that anybody has a complete or comprehensive list of every item they produced. I am just giving my best educated guess on who might have produced it." Has anyone looked into the possibility of S&V being the manufacture? I was just wondering.
P.S. Jim, this is not homework for you, I was just wondering if anyone knows anything about the S&V company wares.

cadking

Back to top Go down

Schafer & Vater fairy lamp Empty Re: Schafer & Vater fairy lamp

Post by jnopoinsett Mon Feb 02, 2009 5:33 pm

Schafer & Vater's wares are often marked. I've never seen a fairy lamp by them.

jnopoinsett

Back to top Go down

Schafer & Vater fairy lamp Empty S & V

Post by Diana Thu Feb 05, 2009 9:47 pm

I did look at this and thought, "it's not S. & V.". I've handled a few pieces which does not make me an expert. That was just my first thought when I looked at it. I think the seller just needed to name it.

Diana

Diana

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sun Feb 15, 2009 6:18 am

First, my apologies for being AWOL for so long. I have been focused on the newsletter for the past few weeks and have thought of little else. But, the good news is.....the newsletters are ready and waiting to go to the post office on Tuesday.

I know zip about Schafer & Vater. However, a quick search on Google will find examples of their wares and the following link will tell you a little about their history
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Looking at the samples of their wares, I see nothing that would lead me to conclude this figural came for them. I think Diana is correct, the seller just needed to attach a name to the auction in order to be picked up in the searches. Shucks. I may have done that myself. Smile

Jim.
Admin
Admin
Admin

http://www.fairylampclub.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down