Fairy Lamp Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Could this be a base?

2 posters

Go down

Could this be a base? Empty Could this be a base?

Post by cadking Fri Mar 27, 2009 8:07 am

I asked what the opening size is, but it sure looks like it could hold a clear cup with a blue DQMP shade on top. What do you think?

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

cadking

Back to top Go down

Could this be a base? Empty Re: Could this be a base?

Post by Admin Fri Mar 27, 2009 9:07 am

Something bothers me about this piece.....the tool marks on the ruffles. They appear similar to the classic "U-shaped" tool marks found on Italian diamond quilted pieces. However, the pulled up wishbone feet don't seem to be typical Italian. But, I am sure others will know the features of Italian applied feet better than I do.

If a lamp cup does not reach the narrow portion of the neck it may sit nicely on the ruffled section. But, the narrow portion of the opening appears to be too small (<2.5") for the cup to sit in.

I think you should buy it and report back to us..... Smile

Jim

P.S. Finally some snow has arrived in Denver! Yahoo!! Of course, those folks stuck at DIA may have a different reaction.
Admin
Admin
Admin

http://www.fairylampclub.com

Back to top Go down

Post by cadking Fri Mar 27, 2009 9:23 am

I just got word back from my question and it reads
"Hi. The opening from rim to rim is about 4" in diameter the inner opening (the opening itself) is about 2". thanks for your interest."
So it seams that the opening is to small to take a Fairy cup. Its always worth asking before you buy.

cadking

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down