Fairy Lamp Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Several new postings without reserve

3 posters

Go down

Several new postings without reserve Empty Several new postings without reserve

Post by cadking Tue Mar 11, 2008 9:56 am

I noticed some new postings that are without reserve. One of the nicer lamps is the Robert Burns Cottage at

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

I also wonder about the lamp listed at

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

This lamp seems very small and I can't figure out the three prongs on the base, unless it was designed to hold a small tapered candle, rather than a Burgler Horror style. Does anyone have some ideas?

cadking

Back to top Go down

Several new postings without reserve Empty Re: Several new postings without reserve

Post by jnopoinsett Tue Mar 11, 2008 11:54 am

R-364 the RS Germany porcelain owl candle lamp has similar proportions and definitely has a small integral candle holder for a small taper. If not a fairy lamp, might the castle have been an incense burner?

jnopoinsett

Back to top Go down

Several new postings without reserve Empty Re: Several new postings without reserve

Post by Admin Wed Mar 12, 2008 8:44 am

Cadking writes:

The R-364 lamp you reference is designed to hold a small taper. I have posted a photo which shows the candle holder in the base as well as how the two pieces fit together much like the top on a tea pot. This also shows the two vent holes in the base as well as the heat vent at the rear of the owl. This doesn’t have the same design with the three pegs. You could be onto something with your idea for its use as an incense burner.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Admin
Admin
Admin

http://www.fairylampclub.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum