New to fairy lamps!

View previous topic View next topic Go down

New to fairy lamps!

Post by misstook on Thu Jul 03, 2014 9:54 am

Hello! My name is Lindsay and I live in upstate New York. Growing up, my nana had a gorgeous collection of fairy lamps that I used to admire endlessly as a little girl; some were antique, but after doing some research online, it seems most were the simple midcentury designs in cut glass. I am getting married this October, and I would love to have my bridesmaids carry the sturdier, cut-glass midcentury models down the aisle, possibly in amber, if I can find them. Do any of you have any recommendations for where to search for these things, outside of the Salvation Army and Goodwill? I have found quite a few online, but unfortunately, the shipping costs are usually as much as the cost for the fairy lamps themselves, so I would need to find someone with a great many of them who would be willing to package them together for me, or else try to collect them in person. I was so excited to find such an active forum. Are there any ideas out there for how I could acquire 5-15 of these? They needn't be matching or in perfect condition.

Thanks so much for any help you can give me.

Sincerely,
Lindsay Hall

misstook

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: New to fairy lamps!

Post by Admin on Thu Jul 03, 2014 3:04 pm

Welcome to the forum.

You have a tall order. But, as you probably know, eBay is the best source for find what you need. And, yes, you really have to watch the shipping cost.

Search for "Fairy Lamp amber" to fine tune your search. You can further refine your search to "free shipping" but sellers usually mark up the price to cover the shipping.

If you find one you like, look at the sellers other auctions. They may have more than one up for auction and you can usually combine shipping.

Good luck and best wishes for your comeing marriage.

Jim
Admin
Admin

View user profile http://www.fairylampclub.com

Back to top Go down

New to fairy lamps!

Post by GDUD on Fri Jul 04, 2014 10:09 am

Hi, 4 amber ones have just come onto ebay all from the same seller here in the UK
Regards
Graham

GDUD

View user profile http://www.fairylamps.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Re: New to fairy lamps!

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top