Fairy Lamp Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Another lamp I have not seen before

3 posters

Go down

Another lamp I have not seen before Empty Another lamp I have not seen before

Post by cadking Tue Apr 08, 2008 10:59 pm

Here is another lamp I have not seen before. With the thickness of the glass and the shallow cutting, I would think it to be newer rather than old. Have a look and lets hear your thoughts. The lamp is at:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

CadKing

cadking

Back to top Go down

Another lamp I have not seen before Empty Another lamp not seen before

Post by justonslamps Wed Apr 09, 2008 2:36 am

HI. Yes, this is a newer lamp done by Kelsey Murphy. Kelsey worked at the Pilgrim Glass Company and was instrumental in producing her wares for the Pilgrim Upstairs which was decicated to cameo glass. After Pilgrim closed, Kelsey and her partner opened a business in Ohio, I believe. At the present time, Kelsey is employed by the Fenton Glass Co. to do the sand carved (cameo) that are being offered today. Some of the Kelsey pieces were done while at Pilgrim and some done later. When Pilgrim closed, a group bought some of the blanks and have skilled artist doing some of the more recent "Pilgrim" pieces. I think that this group is in Hunnington, WV.but I am not sure about this. Some of Kelsey's pieces will be marked with MIH which was Made In Heaven. If you go to the Fenton Art Glass site, I believe there may be some information on Kelsey and here present work that she is doing for them. John

justonslamps

Back to top Go down

Another lamp I have not seen before Empty Re: Another lamp I have not seen before

Post by Admin Wed Apr 09, 2008 7:40 am

Good explanation John. Here are a few other Pilgrim/Kelsey designs.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Jim.
Admin
Admin
Admin

http://www.fairylampclub.com

Back to top Go down

Another lamp I have not seen before Empty Re: Another lamp I have not seen before

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down