Fairy Lamp Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Not really a lamp collector but..

2 posters

Go down

Not really a lamp collector but.. Empty Not really a lamp collector but..

Post by KIWI Sun Mar 15, 2009 12:57 pm

Hi,I am from New Zealand and collect old NZ bottles among other things,I have this blue Clarke Pyramid as a go-with for my collection so thought I would post an image for you all to see.Any idea of value? It has a few tiny nicks and a minor inside bruise all to shade top opening which I am sure was done when it was ground down when item was made.

Not really a lamp collector but.. BLU1

Last edited by Admin on Sun Mar 15, 2009 3:38 pm; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : added info)

KIWI

Back to top Go down

Not really a lamp collector but.. Empty Re: Not really a lamp collector but..

Post by Admin Sun Mar 15, 2009 3:44 pm

Hi Kiwi,

Welcome to the Fairy Lamp Forum. (I love your Alias)

You picked a very good "go with" fairy lamp. It is a great beginning for a beginning collector. (You may not know it yet, but you will be.) The fairy lamp is Clarke's model 223.5 and it was advertized in his 1887-1888 catalog. According to the ad, it came in three colors. The 1996 book value on this lamp is $150-200. I think that is about right in today's market.

Congratulations on a great find.

Jim.
Admin
Admin
Admin

http://www.fairylampclub.com

Back to top Go down

Post by KIWI Sun Mar 15, 2009 5:52 pm

Admin wrote:Hi Kiwi,

Welcome to the Fairy Lamp Forum. (I love your Alias)

You picked a very good "go with" fairy lamp. It is a great beginning for a beginning collector. (You may not know it yet, but you will be.) The fairy lamp is Clarke's model 223.5 and it was advertized in his 1887-1888 catalog. According to the ad, it came in three colors. The 1996 book value on this lamp is $150-200. I think that is about right in today's market.

Congratulations on a great find.

Jim.
Hi Jim,Thanks for the info!

KIWI

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down