Fairy Lamp Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

My newest addition

3 posters

Go down

My newest addition Empty My newest addition

Post by pitchik Tue Oct 04, 2011 8:17 am

http://www.ebay.com/itm/VINTAGE-GLASS-S-CLARKE-GREEN-FAIRY-LAMP-LIGHT-CANDLE-HOLDER-HOME-DECOR-ACCENT-/160658971668?pt=Candle_Holders_Accessories&hash=item2568055c14

I bought this on ebay last week. I paid $21 plus $8 shipping. The top, reminds me of a porceline, like a transluscent type (?) and is awesome colored. The hole at the top and the bottem are very rough, and I can see files mark,I have read that way long ago these pieces were actually filed, not like todays lamps and glass art. It is a Clarke cup with the fairy logo. I am curious for a date, or timeline when it would have been made. I dont know if I overpaid, or got a treasure, but it is by far my favorite inmy collection!!! Thanks for any info, as I have googled and am coming up blank.

pitchik

Back to top Go down

My newest addition Empty Re: My newest addition

Post by Admin Tue Oct 04, 2011 8:56 am

You need to know that this lamp (and, others like it) are very modern reproductions. A reproduction alert was published in our newsletter some time ago. You will notice that the word pyramid is spelled "PYRAMD". They show up on eBay pretty often, but nor as often as they use to.

My newest addition Amber_10
And, the word "Vintage" has no meaning unless associated with a date.

Jim.
Admin
Admin
Admin

http://www.fairylampclub.com

Back to top Go down

Post by pitchik Tue Oct 04, 2011 9:01 am

It is spelled PYRAMD. It is a fake? OMG! How come I do not recieve your newsletters? I am so disappointed. Thanks for your help!

pitchik

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Tue Oct 04, 2011 9:23 am

"Reproduction" is a better word. "Fake" implys a fraud has taken place.

The newsletters are sent out every quarter in the months of February, May, August, and November. They are only sent to members of the Fairy Lamp Club. If you are not a member and wish to join you will find details on our website www.fairylampclub.com

The Club was founded in 1996 and we have gathered a wealth of information in the past fifteen years. If you intend to collect fairy lamps, this is for you.

Don't be too disappointed about your purchase. We have all made mistakes along the way and have learned from them.

Jim.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Tue Oct 04, 2011 9:36 am

Pitchik,

I have put the "Reproduction Alert" on-line for you and others who may be wondering about these lamps. It was published in November 2007. The following link will take you right to the article.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by pitchik Tue Oct 04, 2011 10:19 am

Thank you, I read it. Wow, November of 07?! The pics are not clear, and the title just stated a Fairy Lamp,, not Pyramid, or I would have seen. It is entirely my fault for not asking. Although as of today, I did not realize to ask before now! The seller has the best rating anyone can have, and I have now given bad feedback. There is also a day return, but I think I will keep it just because, to remind myself of what an idiot I am hahaha! It is really pretty tho. Sad I am still disappointed. I so wanted an affordable Clarke cup to add to my collection....

pitchik

Back to top Go down

Post by baranbaran Mon Apr 20, 2015 12:32 am

I agree with the last comment about that

baranbaran

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum: