Fairy Lamp Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Taylor & Tunnicliff Teapot

2 posters

Go down

Taylor & Tunnicliff Teapot Empty Taylor & Tunnicliff Teapot

Post by Admin Sun Dec 18, 2011 12:00 pm

I routinely get inquiries about Taylor & Tunnicliff products. I can help with T&T fairy lamp bases but have little information related to other T&T products. The following was provided to me in hopes of finding additional information about it. I thought that someone in this forum might be able to help.

Taylor & Tunnicliff Teapot John_m10
Admin
Admin
Admin

http://www.fairylampclub.com

Back to top Go down

Taylor & Tunnicliff Teapot Empty Taylor & Tunnicliff

Post by cadking Mon Jan 02, 2012 6:18 pm

I have had the best luck dating and figuring out who worked on the T&T items by the marks on the silver as the numbers on the bottom of the piece are mold or pattern numbers. The stamps tell you the purity of the silver, the city it was made in, the year the silver was assayed, if the tax had been paid to the crown, who the maker was and if the silver was imported. All you need is a good group of clean stamps and the rest is easy (almost). As not all silver on T&T pieces are sterling, they don’t all have this information. This again causes a break in the chain of information.

cadking

Back to top Go down

Taylor & Tunnicliff Teapot Empty Taylor & Tunnicliff

Post by cadking Sun May 06, 2012 3:13 pm

Going back and looking at the mark on this piece of Taylor & Tunnicliff, what I can tell is that the silver was made by Henry Atkin from Sheffield, England either in 1860 or 1885. Withou a better photo, I can't come up with the exact year. The silver content is .925 and the tax on the silver was paid to the crown of England. Matching the hallmark and crown from the bottom of the piece and the date from the silver, we could start a record of when what hallmarks were used and when. But that would take a lot of time.

cadking

Back to top Go down

Taylor & Tunnicliff Teapot Empty Re: Taylor & Tunnicliff Teapot

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down