Fairy Lamp Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wall Plaque - Six Burmese Pyramids

3 posters

Go down

Wall Plaque - Six Burmese Pyramids Empty Wall Plaque - Six Burmese Pyramids

Post by Admin Thu Apr 24, 2008 4:57 pm

One of our members alerted me to this unusual fairy lamp wall plaque on eBay (Northgate Live Auction). It is somewhat attractive but the question is, of course, original or made up?

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Jim.

P.S. You would think an auction house would have been able to write a better description of this item.
Admin
Admin
Admin

http://www.fairylampclub.com

Back to top Go down

Wall Plaque - Six Burmese Pyramids Empty Re: Wall Plaque - Six Burmese Pyramids

Post by cadking Fri Apr 25, 2008 10:21 am

After seeing many of the wall hangers up close, I have a feeling that this could be a real lamp. The reason I say that is on all the wall hangers I have seen, or heard about, none have ever been marked Clarke's. I an article written some time ago about the holder shown in R-299, I think the same idea holds true. Several different manufacturing plants could have built them for sale with the lights. I think the design holds a similarity to R-786 with the beveled mirror and that the lights are not centered or even contained within the area of the mirror.
Of course, if anyone has the mirror only for R-787, by all means, feel free to drop me a note. Then I could fix the one that broke in the earthquake from last night. Shocked I'm starting to get tired of all the earth shaking in my neighborhood. If you want to take a look at whats going on here, this is the website for the earthquake report.

CadKing

cadking

Back to top Go down

Post by cadking Fri Apr 25, 2008 3:35 pm

I was looking at the other items listed with Northgate Lie Auctions, and they have another fairy lamp listed with other glass. The link to both of these items is:

Once again, the description leaves alot to desire.

CadKing

cadking

Back to top Go down

Wall Plaque - Six Burmese Pyramids Empty wall plaque 6 burmese lamps

Post by justonslamps Fri Apr 25, 2008 5:07 pm

The pink lamp that is listed in the group auction is an L.G.Wright fairy lamp from the late 1960s into the 1970s. At one time I had this lamp with other L.G.Wright lamps from that same period. These are cased glass and came in several colors. John

justonslamps

Back to top Go down

Post by cadking Wed May 07, 2008 5:27 pm

I see that the wall hanger went to a floor bidder at $1600.00 plus the 15% buyer's premium for another $240.00 and shipping if they don't take it with them. Thats $260.00+ per shade if the price break is counted that way. As we said eariler "a piece that you have to see and hold". A nice piece eitherway.

cadking

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down