Fairy Lamp Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

U-30 revisited

2 posters

Go down

U-30 revisited Empty U-30 revisited

Post by jnopoinsett Tue Mar 10, 2009 8:16 am

Years back, there was some discussion in the Newsletter about these pegged cups. Some said they weren't even intended to be candle cups. They do work well in candlesticks with tealights in them!

U-30 revisited Img_1810

Does anyone have any variations, perhaps in different colors/size/type of glass/ruffled rim??? Maybe variants will give us a clue...

Thanks,
John

jnopoinsett

Back to top Go down

U-30 revisited Empty Re: U-30 revisited

Post by Admin Wed Mar 11, 2009 1:35 pm

Actually, the comment from one of our members was:

U-30 I have a pair of cups similar to the two pictured here. My expert friends tell me that these cups did not started life as a fairy cups. The shape of the cup is very different and they do not have a shade.

The U-30 description reads"

U-30
Pair pink opal blown glass candle cups with applied white glass pegs. Victorian candlestick shown is not original to the candle cup. 2.625"dia. Peg is .75"h x .625"w. (Marriage)

I think our member thought these were "lamp cups". Instead, they are simply "candle cups" much like a votive.

I have not seen any other examples of this type of pegged cup and would not put them in the same class as "fairy lamps."

Jim.
Admin
Admin
Admin

http://www.fairylampclub.com

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum