Fairy Lamp Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Clarke DQMOP base needs matching shade

2 posters

Go down

Clarke DQMOP base needs matching shade Empty Clarke DQMOP base needs matching shade

Post by Admin Sat Dec 27, 2008 9:53 am

Club member, Norman, would like to find a matching shade for this unusual DQMOP fairy lamp base. The base is "fairy-size" and is signed "Clarke Patent Fairy". Norman would like to find a matching shade that is also signed if possible. Of course, an unsigned matching shade would be very acceptable. The color is difficult for me to describe so I'll let the photo speak for itself.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Would anyone know what the Clarke model number is for this base? Do you think it is a hanging base of fits in a epergne ring? Does anyone have another example of this type of base? So many questions so little time. Smile

Jim.
Admin
Admin
Admin

http://www.fairylampclub.com

Back to top Go down

Clarke DQMOP base needs matching shade Empty Re: Clarke DQMOP base needs matching shade

Post by cadking Sat Dec 27, 2008 10:11 am

The style reminds me of R-787. With the straight sides on the section that hangs down, I would say that it was designed to fit into a ring type holder. If it was wall mounted, ceiling mounted or fit into a table top stand I could not say.

cadking

Back to top Go down

Clarke DQMOP base needs matching shade Empty Re: Clarke DQMOP base needs matching shade

Post by cadking Sun Dec 28, 2008 9:15 am

After doing a little digging, I think I figured out which Model number this lamp is. On the Fairy Lamp Club homepage, the link that goes to " The Fairy Lamps of Samuel Clarke -1887 - 1891" under the numbers 051-100, I think that this is the base for the "Clarke 69 - Suspending Gipsy Lamp - Amber Tinted Satin". It looks like the base in the photo which is being held with a ring and with arms that extend out beyond the bowl for suport. If this is the base for the Model number 69 lamp, then it looks like it would be ceiling mounted.

cadking

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sun Dec 28, 2008 9:22 am

Excellant! I went through all those images and never saw it. I think you have done it....again.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Jim.
Admin
Admin
Admin

http://www.fairylampclub.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down