Fairy Lamp Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Any information?

2 posters

Go down

Any information? Empty Any information?

Post by cadking Wed Jan 21, 2009 8:37 am

This seller has two lamps at auction right now. One (the Eye Winker) I have seen before, but the block optic lamp doesn’t look familiar to me. The top opening looks thick, and the blue color on both lamps tends to make me think contemporary. Does anyone have any additional information about either of these lamps? The links are:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

And

cadking

Back to top Go down

Any information? Empty Re: Any information?

Post by Admin Wed Jan 21, 2009 10:47 am

The Eye Winker is L.G. Wright's #25-29 "Eye Winker" A two-piece lamp with a dome having a ribbed top and a band with the eye-winker pattern around the bottom on a tall base with an eyewinker and 1000 eye pattern around a reduced diameter midsection - 5" h x 3 1/4" d; introduced in about 1968; (Mold sold to Mosser in May 1999).

The block lamp is Vikings Ig-loo. It was identified in Issue XVIII, February 2001. See below:

VIKING IGLOO by Mike
Following up on the Viking article in the last issue of the newsletter, FL-XVII-5, I also have this style which I believe is also made by Viking. I have it from a couple of sources that it is Viking and the pattern is called Ig-loo. It is 6" tall and 4" wide.

In reviewing my image files, I came across a blue Igloo with the Viking label still intact. I don't know what other colors it came in.

Jim.
Admin
Admin
Admin

http://www.fairylampclub.com

Back to top Go down