Fairy Lamp Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Glass Three-face figural

2 posters

Go down

Glass Three-face figural Empty Glass Three-face figural

Post by Admin Sun Sep 27, 2009 10:05 pm

OK, we need to figure out what this is. This is the second one I have seen this year and I don't know what to make of it. The fundamental question is "Is it a modern reproduction?"

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Jim
Admin
Admin
Admin

http://www.fairylampclub.com

Back to top Go down

Glass Three-face figural Empty Re: Glass Three-face figural

Post by cadking Mon Sep 28, 2009 7:24 am

I too saw the first one. It looks to be the same mold as R-370 which ebay just had one end without a bid (see number 350246099537). I think these could be old, as even the bisque mold would have left the figure with eyes that were then cut out to make way for the glass eyes. The only differance would be the glass would be blown into the mold and then let cool. The mold would then be taken apart as normal, and then they would wax the eyes and tassels then frost the rest of the lamp. I say someone should buy it and write up an article with what they find out.

cadking

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Mon Sep 28, 2009 7:53 am

I have put the two glass examples together with the Bisque R-370. You can see they are quite similar.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

I am leaning toward the glass versions being a modern reproduction. The question is who is making them? If they are "antique," Why have we never seen them before?
Admin
Admin
Admin

http://www.fairylampclub.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down