Fairy Lamp Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Question about Christmas Fairy Lights

2 posters

Go down

Question about Christmas Fairy Lights Empty Question about Christmas Fairy Lights

Post by ChuckL Wed Jul 11, 2012 10:34 pm

Hello everyone -

I'm trying to determine if these two Christmas fairy lights are the real deal or reproductions. Can anyone help me out? I did find the PDF file on the main page, and the measurements of mine seem to match the ones listed for the Diamond Quilted lights.

Each is made from a 3-part mold, and you can feel the diamond pattern on the inside. The glass is full of bubbles. Each weighs about 4 ounces. I can't find a maker's mark on either one.

The purple one has a smooth but uneven rim, and is 3-5/8" high, 2.25" in diameter at the top rim, and approx 2.5" in diameter at the widest part near the base. The green one has a ground uneven rim, and is 3-3/8" high, 2.25" in diameter at the rim and approx 2.5" in diameter near the base.

I have several other photos. If another angle or detail will help, please let me know.

Question about Christmas Fairy Lights Img_0411
Question about Christmas Fairy Lights Img_0412
Question about Christmas Fairy Lights Img_0413
Question about Christmas Fairy Lights Img_0414
Question about Christmas Fairy Lights Img_0415
Thanks!
- Chuck

ChuckL

Back to top Go down

Question about Christmas Fairy Lights Empty Re: Question about Christmas Fairy Lights

Post by Admin Thu Jul 12, 2012 9:37 am

Chuck,

As you may know, this design (as well as other designs) are heavily reproduced. I quit buying them many years ago because of the uncertainty of their vintage. That said, they make for a nice "colored glass" display, but I would not buy them as an investment.

Question about Christmas Fairy Lights Coloni10
Admin
Admin
Admin

http://www.fairylampclub.com

Back to top Go down