Fairy Lamp Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fairy Lamp Club Meeting

Go down

Fairy Lamp Club Meeting Empty Fairy Lamp Club Meeting

Post by Admin Fri Apr 11, 2008 1:59 pm

Combined Meeting with the Night Light Club.

Hi everyone,

I thought I would provide you an update on the plans for a joint Fairy Lamp Club meeting with the Night Light Club. No plans have been finalized yet but Bob Culver has asked for our thoughts on specific events. The proposed meeting is scheduled to coincide with a lamp auction by Roan Auction in Pennsylvania on September 4-5.

The proposal is to open the meeting on the evening of Thursday, September 4th, attend the Roan lamp auction on Friday, September 5th followed by a combined banquet on Friday night, and have a lamp show and sale on Saturday morning, September 6th.

Bob would like to know if the Fairy Lamp members would like to participate in these events:
We would like to invite your members to participate in any and all events. As of now, their are no fairy lamps in the auction, but Ron Roan has promised to allow selected lamps to be included in the auction for (TBD) commission. I should have the details in a few days. But, the lamps have to be at the auction house by mid-July for photographing and inclusion in the catalog.

For the lamp show, tables will be $12 each, with a minimum of 1/2 table. There will also be a community table if you only have a lamp or two. A small fee will be charged for the community table. The show will include all types of lighting, not just miniature lamps. The Aladdins and the HLSC will also be invited to participate.
I think this is a good opportunity for all of us to get together and, most importantly, meet new friends and fellow collectors.

Let me know what you think about this proposed meeting. Can you attend? Would you like to participate in the lamp sale or auction?

Give it some thought and get back to me as soon as you can.

Jim
www.fairylampclub.com

P.S. The Fairy Lamp Forum is getting off to a good start. We have have many good discussions in the past month on a variety of fairy lamp topics. If you haven't visited the Forum lately or have not registered yet, you are missing out on some good "fairy talk." The latest discussions are related to the fairy lamps up for auction in June at Julia's Auction.

P.S. Again Just a reminder....The next issue of the Fairy Lamp Club Newsletter is due next month. It is time to begin preparing YOUR article. Folks are surely getting tired of the "Sapp view of the fairy lamp world" most of the time.

Last edited by Admin on Mon Apr 14, 2008 8:47 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Corrected Dates)
Admin
Admin
Admin

http://www.fairylampclub.com

Back to top Go down