Fairy Lamp Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fairy Lamp Epergne using a peg candle dish

3 posters

Go down

Fairy Lamp Epergne using a peg candle dish Empty Fairy Lamp Epergne using a peg candle dish

Post by justonslamps Mon Apr 14, 2008 3:28 am

Is there any documentation of a fairy lamp epgerne that uses the peg type candle dish rather than the flat dish that is found in the ring type metal framework? There are of couse many examples of a single candle stick using a pegged candle dish, but I have not seen a multi-arm candelabra using these. I would love to hear comments on this. John

justonslamps

Back to top Go down

Fairy Lamp Epergne using a peg candle dish Empty Re: Fairy Lamp Epergne using a peg candle dish

Post by Admin Mon Apr 14, 2008 6:38 am

If I usderstand you correctly, Clarke Models 71-73 use a cup like you describe. The matching lamp cup has a clear class "knob" on the bottom. It is not really a "peg" but a "decoration". Here is the Clarke catalog ad:

Fairy Lamp Epergne using a peg candle dish Clarke12

In addition, R-722 uses the same lamp cup design:

Fairy Lamp Epergne using a peg candle dish Ruf-7212

I don't have a fancy epergne but, I do have several cups of various colors. I use them in Cricklite stands when I am able to come up with a pair.

Fairy Lamp Epergne using a peg candle dish Lampcu11

Jim

Last edited by Admin on Mon Apr 14, 2008 8:43 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Added Photo)
Admin
Admin
Admin

http://www.fairylampclub.com

Back to top Go down

Fairy Lamp Epergne using a peg candle dish Empty Epergne with peg candle dish

Post by justonslamps Mon Apr 14, 2008 11:01 am

Thanks for the input and the pictures. Because I don't have a Cricklite stand as you pictured nor a fancy epergne standard, I may just have to make up my own creation. I have several of the Fostoria peg candle dishes and thought that I would look for a suitable candelabra and use these. I have several Fenton Burmese fairy lamp size shades that I would use. I am sure that there are several readers out there who are willing to shoot me at sun-down for even thinking of such an idea!!!!!!! Thanks . John

justonslamps

Back to top Go down

Fairy Lamp Epergne using a peg candle dish Empty Re: Fairy Lamp Epergne using a peg candle dish

Post by Admin Mon Apr 14, 2008 11:09 am

justonslamps wrote:I am sure that there are several readers out there who are willing to shoot me at sun-down for even thinking of such an idea!!!!!!! Thanks . John
Not me....any port in a storm, I always say. Or, whatever rocks your boat. Or, waste not want not. Well, you get the idea. Very Happy

Jim.
Admin
Admin
Admin

http://www.fairylampclub.com

Back to top Go down

Post by cadking Mon Apr 14, 2008 1:17 pm

I have two lamps that use multipule peg cups. When I have a chance tonight, I will post one of then. I have not had either of these photographed and added to the list of undocumented lamps as they are not as complete as I would like. One is missing all the matching shades (of course they are the hardest color to come by). Of course anyone who is willing to give up any shades would be given a place of honor in my mind Laughing

cadking

Back to top Go down

Fairy Lamp Epergne using a peg candle dish Empty Fairy lamp epergne with peg candle dishes

Post by justonslamps Mon Apr 14, 2008 3:44 pm

Good news. I need not be shot at sun down!! I just reviewed the Undocumented Fairy Lamps Gallery and U-80 is exactly what I had in mind. Now to find just that perfect base for my idea will be a challenge. I would be interested in seeing the fariy lamp epergne that cadking mentioned that he had. Thanks. John

justonslamps

Back to top Go down

Post by cadking Mon Apr 14, 2008 5:16 pm

The lamp I am presenting here has not been photographed before as I said since I have been looking for five appropriate green glass fairy-size domes similar to R-61 or Emeralite-type as shown on a similar lamp as R-753. For photo purposes, I have used five clear domes marked “Cricklite”. This lamp has the same design as R-753 with the crystal swirl stem which has a green threaded highlight twisting with the pattern. This lamp also has crystal bead chains from below the top under a crystal cover to the base of each cup. This lamp is 19” tall to the top cup rim and 11” square .

Fairy Lamp Epergne using a peg candle dish Img_1912

cadking

Back to top Go down

Post by cadking Mon Apr 14, 2008 5:19 pm

I have another, but that will wait until I have the shades I need. - Jim, I guess this one can go in the pages of "Undocumented Fairy Lamps".

CadKing

cadking

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down