Fairy Lamp Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Julia Fairy Lamp Auction - Fairy Lamp Results

3 posters

Go down

Julia Fairy Lamp Auction - Fairy Lamp Results Empty Julia Fairy Lamp Auction - Fairy Lamp Results

Post by Admin Fri Jun 27, 2008 9:10 am

Hi everyone,

I have put the results of the Julia Fairy Lamp Auction on-line for your convenience:

Jim.
Admin
Admin
Admin

http://www.fairylampclub.com

Back to top Go down

Julia Fairy Lamp Auction - Fairy Lamp Results Empty Re: Julia Fairy Lamp Auction - Fairy Lamp Results

Post by cadking Fri Jun 27, 2008 9:22 am

Did you add the sales tax and 17% buyers premium onto the hammer price to get these figures? Also, the lamps that were won off of Live Auction, did you add the 22% buyers premium rather that the floor premium? Once again, I thank you for all you do for the club.

cadking

Back to top Go down

Julia Fairy Lamp Auction - Fairy Lamp Results Empty Re: Julia Fairy Lamp Auction - Fairy Lamp Results

Post by Admin Fri Jun 27, 2008 9:44 am

Good point! I added a notation at the top of the page to remind others of the "additional costs."
Admin
Admin
Admin

http://www.fairylampclub.com

Back to top Go down

Post by genden70 Fri Jun 27, 2008 10:02 am

Actually, these price results posted by admin do include the buyer's premium. (Verify on the James Julia Auction website) Online premium is 20 percent with 2 percent added if you use a credit card. I believe if you are a floor bidder or send in an absentee bid, the premium is 15 percent unless you use a credit card, then they charge an additional 2 percent. I sent a money order after the auction for my online bid, so my buyer's premium was 20 percent. However, shipping costs are extra and I have not been notified what the shipping costs are. Unlike most other auction houses, James Julia auctions has their own shipping department. They don't outsource to a commercial shipping company. They charge per hour, packing materials, and actual shipping charges. The total price of the item admin as listed doesn't include sales tax or shipping. Sales tax is not charged on items that are shipped out of state. Sales tax is also not charged to a buyer with a tax exempt number. I would like to hear the experience of others, but in other auctions I have not had good success with an absentee bid (even though I would have saved 5 percent) so I tried online bidding. In the other auction where I submitted an absentee bid, they began the auction with my absentee bid, I don't know if James Julia does this. Genene

genden70

Back to top Go down

Post by cadking Fri Jun 27, 2008 11:56 am

You should be getting your shipping and packing for in a day or two. I recieved mine in the mail on Thursday. You fill it out and the item will be shipped COD unless you wist to pay in advanced. I placed all my bids as absentee on this auction. The 5% dosn't seen like much, but $150.00 more for a $3000.00 can add up.

cadking

Back to top Go down

Post by genden70 Fri Jun 27, 2008 12:18 pm

I got my invoice with the total bid cost and the shipping. However, I had downloaded the shipping form from their website and sent it in with my money order on Monday. They will charge my shipping costs to my credit card, but I don't know what those charges are and maybe won't know until I get my credit card statement. Did they begin the auction with your absentee bid or did they start with their opening bid? Genene

genden70

Back to top Go down

Post by cadking Fri Jun 27, 2008 12:33 pm

Julias always lets the bidding start on the floor before any absentee bids or live bids start. If you tried to start the bidding thru ebay, you were asked to wait. The last auction I went to that they put on, the absentee bids didn't start to show up untill the bidding on the floor slowed. And only then did they start bidding for the absentee. Now if the floor bidding passed the absentee bids left, then they were never executted.
Your shipping is going to depend on how big the item is, how you asked them to pack it, how you are going to insure it if at all, and how complicated it is to pack (odd shaped, fragile, ...) as they charge for packing by the hour.

cadking

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down