Fairy Lamp Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Webb Burmese - Periwinkle decoration

3 posters

Go down

Webb Burmese - Periwinkle decoration Empty Webb Burmese - Periwinkle decoration

Post by Admin Thu Jan 07, 2010 9:22 am

If you recall, and I'm sure you do, I wrote an article in the Club's newsletter (Issue 51, May 2009) titled Webb Burmese Decoration – Periwinkle with Moth. The article discussed the newly discovered Webb/Barbe decoration "Periwinkle". At the time we only had two examples, both fairy lamps. Now, we have a third. It has been right under our nose since 2003.

Webb Burmese - Periwinkle decoration Sisk_010
Image Source: Mount Washington Art Glass and Webb Burmese by Betty B. Sisk, pg. 59
So, the question is: Do you think the bowls were intended to be used with matching fairy lamps? Or, for condements?

Cold in Colorado Jim.
Admin
Admin
Admin

http://www.fairylampclub.com

Back to top Go down

Webb Burmese - Periwinkle decoration Empty Re: Webb Burmese - Periwinkle decoration

Post by jnopoinsett Fri Jan 08, 2010 6:31 pm

I vote for fairy lamps in the bowls!

John, cold in PA, too!

jnopoinsett

Back to top Go down

Webb Burmese - Periwinkle decoration Empty Re: Webb Burmese - Periwinkle decoration

Post by azelismia Sun May 02, 2010 5:03 am

the only way it would make sense for the bowls to be for condiments would be if you could remove them to be washed. It looks like they are firmly attached making that unlikely. I vote for Fairy lamp too.

azelismia

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sun May 02, 2010 6:28 am

Excellent point! Although, I guess they could have had inserts. But, I also believe the cups held fairy lamps.

Webb Burmese - Periwinkle decoration Sisk_010
(a similation)
Admin
Admin
Admin

http://www.fairylampclub.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down