Fairy Lamp Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Reproduction Cricklite shades

4 posters

Go down

Reproduction Cricklite shades Empty Reproduction Cricklite shades

Post by Admin Sun Jan 27, 2013 8:44 am

My son has been working ib China for the past year. He is back in the US for the next two weeks before he heads back to China. He has been commenting on the ability to get anything made, clothes, furniture, etc. for a very low price. All he needs is an original and they will make another for you.

So, it comes to mind that this may be a good source of reproduction Cricklite shades. I am willing to try it but the problem is, I do not have an original silk shade. It you have one the you are willing to experiment with and can get it to me in the next ten days, he will take it with him back to China to see if it can be reproduced and for what price.

Any takers?

Jim
Admin
Admin
Admin

http://www.fairylampclub.com

Back to top Go down

Reproduction Cricklite shades Empty Re: Reproduction Cricklite shades

Post by jnopoinsett Mon Jan 28, 2013 6:59 am

What a great idea! I wish I could help, but I don't have one either. Please keep us posted on this project!
Thanks,
Jno

jnopoinsett

Back to top Go down

Reproduction Cricklite shades Empty Re: reproduction shades

Post by justonslamps Tue Jan 29, 2013 5:20 am

Jim, it seems to me that several years ago in one of the newsletters there was anrticle about these shades. I believe that the writer of the article was from England and a member of the forum. Seems that she had some reproduction shades made by someone in England. Perhaps you could get one of these reproduction ones as a model and go from there. Tell me I am not dreaming this up! John

justonslamps

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Tue Jan 29, 2013 5:27 am

Your are correct. There are sources in the UK that have made excellant replacement shades. But, they were a bit on the pricy side, but very nice reproductions. Perhaps just a frame to show the dimensions and a catalog print would be good enough.

Jim.
Admin
Admin
Admin

http://www.fairylampclub.com

Back to top Go down

Post by cadking Fri Feb 08, 2013 8:29 am

In one of the catalogs that I use as a reference, it shows 6 different shade styles of silk shades with different names on each. It also states that silk shades can be made in any design or colour to order. Even on the cover of one of the candle boxs are four different shades. The most common is like the original shade photo below. I would say that since there was not just one style, then almost any style would do. A frame would need to be fabricated to fit, and then the choices could be made from there. I have some reproduction shades from England that were made years ago, but I have been told that no more can be made from that source.

Reproduction Cricklite shades 1_bmp11

cadking

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down